Software Woes

Rants, tips and tricks



Tuesday, February 06, 2007



Java coming back to Windows?

Sun open sourced Java recently. At first I didn't really care much about it, but now I started thinking. From what I know, few years ago, Microsoft lost a law suit regarding Java technology and they removed it from their operating system. This meant that you didn't get Java with Windows default installation. I also believe that it's one of the reasons Microsoft created .Net stuff.

It would be interesting to see Microsoft's reaction to this. Will new versions of Windows include Java by default. Too bad that Vista is already out and who knows when we'll have a new version of operating system from Microsoft. Maybe in another five years. It makes me wonder did Sun really have bad timing with this or they did it on purpose? Who knows, maybe Microsoft don't care much about Java anymore. I see them pushing .Net really strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home