Software Woes

Rants, tips and tricks



Monday, September 14, 2009



Alt+Tab to desktop

I wonder why no windows manager or desktop environment implements this. I guess they are too busy copying Microsoft Windows to invent anything original. Anyway, the basic idea is that, instead of having a special Show Desktop button, we would always have the Desktop listed when switching windows or running applications.

This way you can easily go to Desktop by using keyboard, and not have a special shortcut for that (not to mention that possibility of shortcuts is not something most users are even aware of)

5 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start + D

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Doozr said...

"I guess they are too busy copying Microsoft Windows to invent anything original."

Oh the sweet irony, seeing as Vista has the desktop in the alt-tab list ...

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Randy White said...

Really. Well, "good job Microsoft" :)

I'm yet to see/use Vista, so I didn't know about it.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Randy White said...

I really don't know what is Start in Start+D ??? I don't have a Start button on my keyboard.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger tomcon said...

Hi Milan,

Also, Windows Key + M = Minimise all and holding shift reverses it.

So this is an alternate way of showing the desktop and should work on older versions of windows too.
Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home